I don’t think The French expected ever to see that. He came home the other day to the sight of me sitting on a sofa, drinking beer and watching football.
-What is it?- I handed him a piece of paper after he collected his jaw from the floor.
-It’s a household policy- I explained- effective for the duration of the Euro 2016. New rules of play for the boys, if you will.
I can’t claim credit for them and the original version- Rules for women for Euro 2016 were rather funny but ridden by stereotypes. When the roles are reversed- like when it’s me occupying the TV and watching the games, then it’s unexpected.
So here we go- temporary rules for boys:
- A ban on traffic between the sofa and the TV.
- A ban on saying “why are you watching when our teams aren’t playing?
- A ban on asking “which one’s our team”?
- The TV will be occupied until further notice.
- Meals will not be dispensed until further notice.
- Unlimited pass on going out with the guys.
- Of course I love you.
And with that, I’m off to watch Portugal v Iceland. Let’s see if there’ll be fireworks in Stockwell tonight.
Bag- Zofia Chylak
Cowboy boots- vintage